IPTG induction in non E.coli strains

Kyle Legate via methods%40net.bio.net (by legatek from hotmail.com)
Fri Mar 23 02:57:07 EST 2007

newsnet customer wrote:
>>> No. The lacI repressor overlaps the promoter when bound to the operator
>>> thereby preventing RNAP from binding.
>>>
>>> ST
>>>
>> Oh my, I created a monster! Thanks for the entertainment, but the NCBI
>> nucleotide database considers the operator part of the promoter.
>>
>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?db=nucleotide&val=146580
>
> No! you read the annotation incorrectly.

Cut and pasted directly from the annotation:

   promoter        197..255
                      /label=lacUV5-lacO

How would read that differently?

You remind me of a petulant child who, when confronted with the truth,
which differs from their own incorrect view of the world, sticks his
fingers in his ears and shouts "NYAH NYAH NYAH". Are you perhaps a
Republican?