Safe storage of lipid-membranes for protein lipid overlay assay

Kyle Legate via methods%40net.bio.net (by legatek from hotmail.com)
Tue Mar 27 15:51:24 EST 2007

Good day!

I am preparing to perform a protein lipid overlay assay as described by
Dario Alessi et al in the following article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=11972359&query_hl=8&itool=pubmed_docsum

http://tinyurl.com/2rmrvn

I would like to prepare several membranes at one time to avoid the
tedium of making serial dilutions of lipid whenever I want to do the
experiment, and I would like opinions on the best way to store them to
keep them fresh? Individually packaged under argon? Floating in blocking
buffer+azide? Stacked in between sheets of blotting paper? Another
clever solution?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Kyle