Safe storage of lipid-membranes for protein lipid overlay assay

Kyle Legate via (by legatek from
Tue Mar 27 15:51:24 EST 2007

Good day!

I am preparing to perform a protein lipid overlay assay as described by
Dario Alessi et al in the following article:

I would like to prepare several membranes at one time to avoid the
tedium of making serial dilutions of lipid whenever I want to do the
experiment, and I would like opinions on the best way to store them to
keep them fresh? Individually packaged under argon? Floating in blocking
buffer+azide? Stacked in between sheets of blotting paper? Another
clever solution?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.