Plasmid construction

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from dpag.ox.ac.uk)
Tue May 8 07:01:02 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to construct a plasmid and I need to take out some loops from
one plasmid and insert them into pcDNA3.  The loops are around 1000bp and
have BglII and BamH1 at either end so they can be digested out.  The main
problem is the only way I can think of taking the loops out is by digesting
and then running a gel and extracting but this results in tiny amounts of
DNA that fail to ligate under any conditions.

Any ideas?