BAC libraries

Roberta Bergero via methods%40net.bio.net (by r.bergero from ed.ac.uk)
Fri May 18 09:47:03 EST 2007

Hi there, I am planning to make a BAC library from a plant species
starting with sheared genomic DNA or partially restricted genomic DNA.
There is also a company (Epicentre) which provide a kit (pWEB cosmid
cloning kit) to make   libraries of  large genomic inserts (~40 kb)
starting from sheared DNA , but it does not seem to be very popular.
I have no idea how difficult it is to make such libraries and what kind
of problem can hinder the success in making this kind of libraries.
Any suggestions/comments/tips?
many thanks
roberta