tricks to increase retroviral titer?

Antonio via methods%40net.bio.net (by Antonio.Sarikas from gmail.com)
Mon May 28 09:48:08 EST 2007

On May 27, 9:26 am, d... from no.email.thankstospam.net (DK) wrote:
> In article <1180246041.579778.59... from m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Antonio <Antonio.Sari... from gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >I use Phoenix cells as a packaging cell line for the pLNCX2 retroviral
> >vector. Does anyone know any tricks on how to increase the titer?
>
> The simplest trick is to pellet in the ultracentrifuge and resuspend
> in small volume.
>
> DK

Thanks DK, but what do you pellet? The virus ist secreted into the
supernatant which I then collect at day 2 and 3 posttransfection.
Ultracentrifugation of the supernatant might be problematic since the
retroviral glycocalix is sensitve to shearstress.