Acid Phenol/chloroform

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury via methods%40net.bio.net (by hroychow from nmsu.edu)
Wed Nov 7 18:42:51 EST 2007

The pH of the acid phenol is usually kept around 4.0.
We used to make it in lab with Tri.HCl, but Sigma sells the stuff for so
cheap that it doesn't pay to even equilibrate your own.  Sigma sells both
Phenol and Phenol Chloroform with pH8.0 or pH4 buffers.