Cleaning and Sterilizing Incubators

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Wed Nov 14 14:23:50 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Tim Eggleston wrote:

> I am looking for some new ideas with regards to cleaning cell culture
> incubators.  I have used rocal followed by a thorough wash with 70%
> ethanol in the past, but the lab I am currently working in does not use
> rocal.  Will a washing with a regular non-caustic cleaner followed by a
> wash with 70% ethanol be good enough to rid the incubator of fungal and
> bacterial contaminations?

We take the removable bits out and autoclave them, but the walls just get
70% ethanol. Seems to work.

What's rocal?

tom

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk