Stability Bead-Avidin-Biotin-DNA?

Chih-Lin Hsieh via (by hsieh_c from
Fri Nov 16 13:45:40 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

We are working on a project that may have a similar step as what you
were doing, and I come across your posting.  Have you gotten any
information on how stable the streptavidin is in formamide?  Did your
DNA (I assume it is biotinylated) bind to the streptavidin in 64-84%
formamide?  Do you know whether strpetavidin becomes denatured in
formamide?  I am a bit puzzled by your description of white ethanol
precipitate is washed off the beads when incubated with formamide.
Was there a EtOH ppt step after formamide incubation or this white
ppt occurs in the formamide incubation?  Thanks for any information
that you can share.