troubleshooting + ligation

Sudheendra Rao N R via (by sudhee26 from
Wed Nov 21 14:08:14 EST 2007

are u using any ligation kit?
whats the temperature of ligation and whats the time?
first thing to see is whether its ligated or not
only then you should proceed towards transformation.
try overnight ligation at 14 degrees and an agarose gel to see
your product.
if its ligated it will become circular and its migration will be faster (u
can see supercoiled and stuff like that)
subject that again to single will become linear and will match
with new mol weight (vector+1.5kb)
then try cloning it.