Western Blot

Wed Oct 10 12:50:42 EST 2007

On Oct 10, 1:09 pm, "Sudheendra Rao N R" <sudhe... from gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sudheendra,

formaldehyde reacts reversibly with amino groups (eg lysines) and may
interfere with epitope recognition. When you include some amino- or
ammonium compounds (eg NH4HCO3) in excess in your sample prep, they
should scavenge the formaldehyde and it should work. Maybe even the
glycin in your running buffer is enough.

Wo