Western Blot

Sudheendra Rao N R via methods%40net.bio.net (by sudhee26 from gmail.com)
Thu Oct 11 00:10:14 EST 2007

Hi all,
thanks for the replies regarding Western Blot using formalin fixed tissues.
I searched in protocol online..they say Nitrogen or Argon must be used while
extracting proteins from formalin fixed tissues. .but no protocol is given
there for that.
following is a link to an article in an Elsevier journal (pathology,
research and practice) talks about HOPE technique..

Also, in the following article (PET technique detects PrPSc in paraffin
embedded tissues early)

Also as POW JOSHI forwarded, Calbiochem sells ProteoExtract Formalin fixed
tissue kit.

if antibodies are the limiting factors..is it possible to detect protein(
just by using those antibodies which are made by not using synthetic
peptides (like using native forms))??

Kindly Share your views..

Thanks in Advance

On 10/10/07, Sudheendra Rao N R <sudhee26 from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> can we western blot using protein extract from the formalin fixed tissues?
> Does perfusion of tissue (say brain) has anything to do with western blot
> based protein detection?
> Thanks in advance
> Sudheendra.
> National Brain Research Centre