undigestable genomic DNA

AK via methods%40net.bio.net (by akhan357 from sbcglobal.net)
Thu Oct 18 12:52:32 EST 2007

Dear Ranadheer, I had a tough time with strawberry leaf DNA during my Ph.D,
but finally was able to get good quality DNA for any downstream application.
methods bellow worked well for removal of sugars and subsequent isolation of
DNA,

Manning, K. (1991) Isolation of nucleic acids from plants by differential
solvent precipitation. Anal. Biochem. 195: 45-50

or/and by using MasterPure Leaf DNA extraction kit (Epicenter Technologies)

you can also look at detailed method at
http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-1027102-193854/ page 49.

HTH,

AK

news:mailman.263.1192716952.23109.methods from net.bio.net...