protein DNA crosslinked complex purification

Zhonglin Chai via (by Zhonglin.Chai from
Mon Oct 22 18:36:30 EST 2007

how about using formaldehyde as used in ChIP assay? directly add
formaldehyde to cultured cells at final 1%, and incubate for 10 min.

Dr Zhonglin Chai, PhD
Cell Proliferation & Fibrosis In Diabetic Complications Laboratory
Diabetes & Metabolism Division
Baker Heart Research Institute
75 Commercial Rd, MELBOURNE

Tel: +61 3 8532 1231
Fax: +61 3 8532 1100

Post Address:
P.O. Box 6492
St. Kilda Road
Central Melbourne

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from
[mailto:methods-bounces from] On Behalf Of Yuval
Sent: Tuesday, 23 October 2007 3:04 AM
To: kaj.stenberg from; methods from
Subject: Re: Re: protein DNA crosslinked complex purification

If  the DNA is Short enough to see a gel shift, do a gel extraction.

kaj.stenberg from wrote:
> qiang fu <nanoqfu from> wrote:
>> Hi, Guys:
>>   I am recently doing some UV crosslink between the protein  and
DNA.(Histone protein and DNA)
>>   Due to our small amount sample about 50 ul and low percentage of
successful crosslink. Is there any method to isolate the crosslinked
sample out from the DNA with no protein crosslinked.
>>   Your suggestions will be great helpful

Yuval Ebenstein
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA Young Hall-2002, 607
Charles E. Young Drive East Los Angeles, CA 90095-1569
Ph: (310) 794-6685; Fax: (310) 267-4672

Methods mailing list
Methods from
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
content filtering.