Stripping western blots

Ann Sutherland via methods%40net.bio.net (by as9n from virginia.edu)
Thu Oct 25 12:19:20 EST 2007

What is the best way to strip Western blots to preserve protein for
the next round of antibody?  We are doing Western blots of mouse
embryos, so we have very little protein to begin with, and have been
having trouble re-probing.  Either the stripping method isn't strong
enough to remove the first antibody, or it removes everything.  We
are using nitrocellulose membrane, does PVDF work better?
Thanks,
Ann