kDa limit E. coli expression

Carlo Zambonelli via methods%40net.bio.net (by zambonel from gmail.com)
Mon Sep 10 12:45:25 EST 2007

I successfully expressed a 135kDa yeast protein fused to a 50kDa (total
185kDa) in BL21STAR. I also expressed a 280kDa yeast protein at very low
level but that was a kinase with all the additional problems involved in
expressing this class of enzymes. Other fusion proteins I expressed were
above 100kDa.
Carlo