query about methanol vs paraformaldehyde fixation

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Thu Sep 13 09:37:04 EST 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, DK wrote:

> Tom Anderson <ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> >On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, [big5] Ĭ¨Øªâ wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Dr. Schul,
> >
> >You've emailed the Methods and Reagents mailing list, not Dr Schul.
> And not even a mailing list but a Usenet newsgroup
> bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts , for which Purdue server
> net.bio.net serves as mail-to-news-to-mail gateway.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that it's a mailing list,
for which net.bio.net is a news-to-mail-to-news gateway!

It was my understanding that the mailing list was older. Is there some
official position on whether the list or the group is the canonical form?

Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk