query about methanol vs paraformaldehyde fixation

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Thu Sep 13 09:37:04 EST 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, DK wrote:

> Tom Anderson <ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> >On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, [big5] Ĭ¨Øªâ wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Dr. Schul,
> >
> >You've emailed the Methods and Reagents mailing list, not Dr Schul.
>
> And not even a mailing list but a Usenet newsgroup
> bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts , for which Purdue server
> net.bio.net serves as mail-to-news-to-mail gateway.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that it's a mailing list,
for which net.bio.net is a news-to-mail-to-news gateway!

It was my understanding that the mailing list was older. Is there some
official position on whether the list or the group is the canonical form?

tom

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk