in-vitro systems

corona via methods%40net.bio.net (by customer from newsnet.com)
Sun Sep 16 08:01:35 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to express a protein in-vitro using wheat germ extract, but have been unsuccesful according to my western blot results. I have run a formaldehyde gel and it showed that my RNA (renilla luciferase mRNA) is being made and is of correct size. So for some reason, the RNA is not translated into protein. Controls in the western blot showed that the western blot is carried out correctly. Can anyone shed some light?

BM