in-vitro systems

corona via methods%40net.bio.net (by customer from newsnet.com)
Tue Sep 18 19:45:40 EST 2007

> Something elese comes into my mind: Do you have ribosome biding site
> (Kozak consensus element, reads gccaccaccATGg or similar) in your
> construct? Not sure if applicable: Do you get expression, when you
> transfect the construct in cells?

Yes, there is a ribosome binding site (luciferase ATG translation start
site). Although the flanking sequence surrounding the ATG may not be the
optimal Kozak consensus sequence.

I have not tried in-vivo transformation yet, but considering my in-vitro
results I would expect the same results.