beta-gal senescence staining of mouse tissue

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Wed Sep 19 16:56:58 EST 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, AS wrote:

> I am planning to do immunohistochemistry with embryonic / adult KO mouse
> tissue to look for signs of senescence by X-Gal staining (kit from Cell
> Signaling Tech). Do you think these tissue should be formalin/paraffin
> embeded or snap frozen?

I think Cell Signaling's tech bods might be the people to ask about that.

But, here's what one of our sistren on histonet had to say about it:

http://www.histosearch.com/histonet/Jul99A/RE.B-Galstainforparaffin.html

Some elementary pubmedication should dig up further cases where it's been
done.

> Also can these tissues be collected for a couple of weeks and then
> stained?

Not a clue!

tom

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk