western blot question

Bean Long via methods%40net.bio.net (by ben.long from yourfinger.anu.edu.au)
Wed Sep 26 17:58:02 EST 2007

Rebecca Pickin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can help me.  I am looking for a breakdown of
> what bands should appear on a western blot when you load the primary
> antibody onto the gel.  I understand that to a certain extent various
> antibodies will be slightly different.  But, since the bulk of the
> antibody is the same across the board I would expect a certain band
> pattern.  Does anyone know this or have a reference for this information?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Becky

Can you load some and find out? If there's enough to play with it's
often a handy control for immunoprecipitation experiments. Having said
that, antibodies are sometimes a rare commodity!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying