beta-gal senescence staining of mouse tissue

corona via methods%40net.bio.net (by customer from newsnet.com)
Sat Sep 29 09:07:48 EST 2007

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to do immunohistochemistry with embryonic / adult KO
> mouse tissue to look for signs of senescence  by X-Gal staining (kit
> from Cell Signaling Tech). Do you think these tissue should be
> formalin/paraffin embeded or snap frozen?

The tissue should be fixed in formaldehye and embedded in parafin wax rather
than snapped frozen prior to sectioning. Snapped frozen tissue gives reduced
sensitivity, but is useful for fixing tissue rapidly (would not apply to
you).

>Also can these tissues be collected for a couple of weeks and then stained?

You could fix the tissue first and then store them for a couple of weeks.