Cells spontaneously zeocin resistant?

Ian A. York via methods%40net.bio.net (by iayork from panix.com)
Fri Apr 11 10:29:18 EST 2008

In article <J1yLj.53$zr3.41 from newsfe07.lga>,
DK <dk from no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:
>In article <ftlijb$hm$1 from reader2.panix.com>, iayork from panix.com (Ian
>A. York) wrote:
>>We've routinely made stable cell lines using plasmids containing
>>zeocin resistance.  However, recently some of our starting cell lines
>>have apparently become spontaneously resistant to zeocin at fairly
>>high doses, at least 1000 ug/ml.
>>
>The whole cell lines became resistant or you start occasionally seeing
>clones in the mock transformations?

Either the whole cell line, or at least a large fraction of the
cells.  A well with zeo, seeded at about 10% confluence, becomes
confluent at roughly the same rate as an untreated well.

Ian
--
    Ian York   (iayork from panix.com)  <http://www.panix.com/~iayork/>