high percentage agarose

rashmi via methods%40net.bio.net (by rashmi21481 from gmail.com)
Mon Aug 11 10:30:57 EST 2008

Hi there,
I am a PhD student working on Pneumocystis biodiversity. I cam across
your message posted on google groups, regarding high percentage
agarose gels and TBE concentration. One of the objective of my thesis
is to do typing by counting number of 10 base pair repeats in my PCR
products. The number of repeats can vary from 2 to 6. The sizes are
125, 135, 145, 155 and 165. I tried to run a 4% agarose gel on a tray
about 25 cm. But my gel was not properly formed. i will be highly
delighted if you could suggest me something, like the % of agarose I
should use, run time, gel lengh, voltage etc.
Thanks in advance
Rashmi Gupta
PhD Student
AIIMS