PAGE gel sticked on both plates

Nicosnake via (by chamosilencio from
Sun Dec 7 21:43:58 EST 2008

HI everyone, i've been having this problem whit my acrylamide gels: after
acrylamide is polymerized between the two glass plates it's really hard to
separate both plates and after a long effort i can take them appart only to
realize that the gel has sticked to BOTH plates, the gel is actually cut in
half. I treat surfaces of both plates, one with bind silane (so the
acrylamide sticks to this one) and the other with Sigmacote to prevent the
gel from sticking. But still the gel sticks to both surfaces and after i
separate the glases it's useless. Has anyonehad this kind of trouble?? ANy
suggestion is accepted.
Sent from the - Methods mailing list archive at