PAGE gel sticked on both plates

Patricia C Arbour-Reily via methods%40net.bio.net (by parbou1 from lsu.edu)
Mon Dec 8 10:41:16 EST 2008

1) I have had other brands of "Sigmacote" go bad......2)Rain-X , for
your car windows , works OK but you must treat more often...its a bit
more green  and will do in a pinch while you replace Sigmacote , if gone
bad. 3) We have had plates get gunk on them from something in the wash
up...one time, a student ran all  plates thru a dishwasher and used the
correct soap for a dishwasher but the wrong soap for the plates ,
obviously...... I don't know how that was corrected
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Nicosnake
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:44 PM
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: PAGE gel sticked on both plates

HI everyone, i've been having this problem whit my acrylamide gels:
after
acrylamide is polymerized between the two glass plates it's really hard
separate both plates and after a long effort i can take them appart only
realize that the gel has sticked to BOTH plates, the gel is actually cut
in
half. I treat surfaces of both plates, one with bind silane (so the
acrylamide sticks to this one) and the other with Sigmacote to prevent
the
gel from sticking. But still the gel sticks to both surfaces and after i
separate the glases it's useless. Has anyonehad this kind of trouble??
ANy
suggestion is accepted.