PAGE gel sticked on both plates

Mahesh Reddy via (by vasipalli from
Tue Dec 9 12:17:44 EST 2008

When u use plates first time..u need to wash the plates with NaOH.Wash the
plates with 100% Etoh before making the gel.After making in
Fridge until you run the can store the gel 20 days in fridge. If u
still getting problem with plates..u have to check ur buffer s. I never get
any problem with my plates.

Best wishes

Nicosnake wrote:
> HI everyone, i've been having this problem whit my acrylamide gels: after
> acrylamide is polymerized between the two glass plates it's really hard to
> separate both plates and after a long effort i can take them appart only
> to realize that the gel has sticked to BOTH plates, the gel is actually
> cut in half. I treat surfaces of both plates, one with bind silane (so the
> acrylamide sticks to this one) and the other with Sigmacote to prevent the
> gel from sticking. But still the gel sticks to both surfaces and after i
> separate the glases it's useless. Has anyonehad this kind of trouble?? ANy
> suggestion is accepted.

Sent from the - Methods mailing list archive at