lysyl oxidase activity

Gardner, Jason D. via methods%40net.bio.net (by jgardn from lsuhsc.edu)
Wed Dec 17 14:51:00 EST 2008

We are currently using the Amplex Red method to evaluate lysyl oxidase
enzymatic activity in cell-conditioned media and it is working very
well.  We would like to perform the same assay in tissue extracts.  Our
first attempts have produced mixed results and we are currently tweaking
multiple variables (Amplex red, substrate, temp, protein levels, etc.)
to improve upon the method.   Is anyone out there measuring lysyl
oxidase activity in tissue?

Regards.