An inquiry

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury via methods%40net.bio.net (by hroychow from nmsu.edu)
Fri Dec 19 12:29:33 EST 2008

I don't believe you can expect a solution of PP1 in PBS.  It will form a
colloidal suspension. A colloidal suspension will also elicit immune
response. Remember that the peritonial fluid is also polar and the PP1
will come out of solution there too. DMSO, however, does the rat very
little damage in microliter quantities intra-peritonially. I believe the
PBS is used to minimize any shock. PP1 is soluble also in ethanol, and it
may be a better alternative solvent for the injection. Just a thought!