methylcellulose colony question

Scott Brown via methods%40net.bio.net (by SBrown from ccia.unsw.edu.au)
Fri Dec 19 12:33:48 EST 2008

Hi,

I have been growing Nalm-6 colonies in methocult for about a year now, the ratio of media is 1.6ml methocult, 1.2ml IMDM and 1.2ml FCS with or without drug depending on what i am doing.
Has anyone had any experience with maintaining the methocult for at least 3 weeks, frequently my methocult looks as though is has dessicated, i have water in the incubator and i also plate 2 wells with PBS to ensure humidity...but...it still happens, any ideas or suggestions?

Scott Brown
PhD Candidate

Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research is the only independent medical research institute in Australia devoted to research into the causes, prevention, better treatment and ultimately a cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and to eliminate their suffering.

The information contained in this message and any annexure is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in error please contact the sender immediately and destroy the original message.