GFP, PBS and warmth

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Sat Feb 2 08:43:41 EST 2008

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what my GFP-expressing cells will look like having been
fixed in formaldehyde and then incubated in PBS at 37 degrees for twelve
hours?

I'm guessing they'll be okay, provided they haven't started growing
bacteria; i can't see how the incubation in PBS would destroy the GFP or
reverse the fixation. I thought i should ask anyway!

Note to self: in future, when doing a timecourse experiment, put the
coverslips for each timepoint in separate four-well dishes.

tom

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk