Permanent labelling of -150degC metal racks?

Fri Feb 8 17:08:08 EST 2008

Dear experts,

what would you recommend to label metal racks for -150 degC freezers?
I want to write some letters (A,B,C, ..) on them in a way that it
won't go off after a few weeks and also is readible when covered with
a little ice.

I thought of using an oridinary water proof pen, but maybe there is
something better that you might want to recommend. Actually, attaching
fluorescent plates (the colder the fluo...) with rivets would be nice,
but I have no idea where to get such plastic?plates from and which
material will survive these somwhat extreme temperatures and possible
temperature changes.

Any ideas?

Wo