what is the most quantitative method for SNP detection

Zhong Silin via methods%40net.bio.net (by stxsz1 from nottingham.ac.uk)
Thu Feb 14 08:14:48 EST 2008

Hi everyone

If I have a mixture of 2 DNA, which has just one SNP, say 40% GGG and 60% GTG.
What SNP detection method is the best to quantify it?

Is the Beckman SNP detection method the best? I heard that their kit is similar to a dye terminator sequence reaction. The reaction doesn't contain normal dNTP. So only 1 bp can be extended and therefore the primer will link to one dye-ddNTP. Maybe this will generate less background than a normal sequencing?

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
silin