Inducer of apoptosis in animal

Kyle Legate via methods%40net.bio.net (by legatek from hotmail.com)
Tue Feb 19 13:19:25 EST 2008

wxfhome from gmail.com wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to test a method which can detect apoptosis in mice, and I do
> not know how to induce apoptosis in mice. Could anyone give some
> suggestions about the inducer and protocol? I see H2O2 can induce
> apoptosis in cell culture.

I'm not sure that inducing apoptosis in a whole mouse would pass ethics
boards. I know they wouldn't see it as necessary. Select a tissue which
is known to have a significant amount of natural apoptosis, like the
skin during hair follicle catagen (around 8 weeks after birth) or the
mammary gland sometime after weaning, during involution, and test your
method on those samples.