low plasmid yields in dh5alpha

Sudheendra Rao N R via methods%40net.bio.net (by sudhee26 from gmail.com)
Wed Feb 20 23:15:23 EST 2008

I guess you must be freshly transforming the DH5alpha with your old stock of
plamids.
Have you checked that plasmid on the gel? is it nicked? what about its
concentration?

Sudheendra.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 6:48 AM, DK <dk from no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:

> In article <mailman.723.1203535541.2451.methods from net.bio.net>, Ed Siefker <
> ebs15242 from creighton.edu> wrote:
> >Hi.  We've been going through our old plasmids and making
> >fresh stocks.  We've found a few that we're not able to
> >miniprep and get reasonable concentrations (<50ng/ul).
>
> Are you sure these are not low/moderate copy number
> plasmids to begin with? WIth plasmids bearing pBR322
> origin, a "normal" miniprep almost never gives >50 ng/ul.
>
> DK

Think before agree
Think before you nod
but STOP thinking