PCR Problem Debate/Foolishness

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi from gmail.com)
Wed Feb 27 10:52:12 EST 2008

On 26/02/2008, Jose de las Heras <josenet from tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> "Jenna Mendell" <jem69 from cornell.edu> wrote in message
> news:mailman.807.1204047849.2451.methods from net.bio.net...
>
> > Is it truly necessary to fill our mail boxes with the argument between
>
> > people? Have them take it out of this public forum which is supposed to
> be
> > for science, not egos. I doubt anyone, including the original poster of
>
> > the problem, has gained any useful information from this debate.
>
> > Jenna
>
> When subscribing to a list it's a good idea to set up a filter so that all
> messages from teh list go to its own folder, without "soiling" your
> beautiful inbox. Just a friendly suggestion. It makes it easier to skip
> what
> you don't want to read.

yes, I agree as well .... ..but then just the heated debate made me read
all the responses (perhaps just a case of perverse curiosity  ;)) ...I
wonder why Chen is so vehement about the primer story, perhaps he spent a
huge amout of time trying to tease out the "mystery of the appearing band",
and perhaps has data on it......but, I definitely think AC has a point .....
although, I would like to point out that there is a general belief, or
should I say "wisdom", passed on as the word of mouth that  low mol weight
band in pcr runs are the primers  .... 'cause when I began doing pcrs that's
what I was told as well, and I never ever questioned it .... take home
message, I guess,  is peer wisdom is never the gospel truth :) ... thanks
Folks

Pow