Debate

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from dpag.ox.ac.uk)
Thu Feb 28 06:29:34 EST 2008

We have a bit of a debate raging in our lab about the effects of GFP
tagging.  Is it better to express a protein with a GFP tag in a plasmid to
investigate its function/location/aggregation or to just express the protein
alone and then use antibodies to look at it?  There is some contention as to
whether GFP itself might aggregate and therefore confound results.  I
personally think all the cloning required to get GFP out of one vector and
into another is just too much hassle!

Any opinions?