protein extraction for use in ELISA

James Munro via methods%40net.bio.net (by jmunro from aquabounty.com)
Wed Jan 2 14:42:26 EST 2008

Hello,

I am hoping for some suggestions for a protein that I am trying to extract for detection in an ELISA.

I have a protein that is 22 kDa which is soluble in sodium borate at either a low pH (<4) or high pH (>9). In its pure form I can detects it in a ELISA when using specific antibodies. When the protein is in commercial fish feeds I can not longer detect it.
Has any one got an extraction method that I could try?

Thanks
James