RNase removal

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi from gmail.com)
Tue Jan 8 14:22:51 EST 2008

On 08/01/2008, Darius Mazeika <Darius.Mazeika from fm.vgtu.lt> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem and I need help because I don't know what to do. I need
> to purify a protein from Tobacco leaves but i can't get rid of RNase
> contamination. I tried various chromatography media but it doesn't help.
> Traces of RNase are detected. It can't be from my chromatography system or
> buffers because I didn't detect any RNase activity. Do you know if APUP
> sorbents or media with GDP groups might help?

you could use a strategy where you could use a reducing agent  like DTT in
your sample preparation. This would cleave the disulphides in
RNases...however, the caveat is that it will reduce every other protein as
well, and especially the ove you are interested in (should it have
disulphide linkages).

best
Pow

I would be greatful for any suggestion.