high molecular plasmid DNA

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury via methods%40net.bio.net (by hroychow from nmsu.edu)
Thu Jan 10 22:09:51 EST 2008

Well, this has never been suficiently explained, nor do I know of any
specific investigation into this.  I tend to believe that the high MW
species may exist as a complex of bacterial chromosome and other proteins.
 Usually, a clean plasmid prep does not show the HMW bands.  It also has
nothing to do with the conc. of the agarose gel.