Calculating Protein Concentration

Fri Jan 18 14:45:26 EST 2008

Dear AK,

seems that even at famous Oxford either the students or the teaching
have become worse...

Actually, this stuff is a sort of "first day, first lesson's
knowledge" in
almost any subject related to natural science. More to worry, a PhD
(!) student in my lab asked me exactly the same question a few days
ago, too. The funny thing is, when I told him to treat the problem the
same way as to make a sodium chloride solution, he could solve the
problem instantly.

What makes me especially worry is that this kind of questions in this
NG constantly seems to increase. I do not think it just lazyness, as
for a newbie to find this NG on the web, usually, you need to have
done some googling before on behalf of your actual problem. My
impression is that many of those girls&guys really don't know how to
solve their problems and somehow manage to discover the bionet.

Hey students, please comment on this, your opinion and experience is
wanted here!!! Did nobody teach you these things, do you not know
where to find this kind of textbooks and lessens or are you really
just lazy?

Hey experts, is there any book/website/pdf/etc like {Mathematics,
Chemistry, Logical Thinking, Statistics, Planning Experiments and
Evaluating Experimental Data} in {Biochemistry, Molecular Biology,
Life Science} for Dummies?

Any ideas?

Wo