Calculating Protein Concentration

Terran via methods%40net.bio.net (by terranelliott816 from hotmail.com)
Fri Jan 18 17:08:20 EST 2008

I too thought this question seemed so silly, and to investigate the
simplicity of the answer:

I searched "Dalton definition" at www.google.com <http://www.google.com/>

Looking for an .edu site I found:

Dalton = measure of molecular weight or mass. One hydrogen atom has mass of
1 Da. Proteins and other macromolecule molecular weights are usually
measured in kDa or kD (kilodaltons) - 1000 Da. From
(http://www.biochem.northwestern.edu <http://www.biochem.northwestern.edu/>
)

I didn't know the exact answer in the beginning, but from the definition it
is a simple conversion problem.

Freshmen with general chemistry could solve this.  Simple laziness.

~Terran

Graduate student

Chemical and Biological Engineering Dept

South Dakota School of Mines and Technology

Rapid City, SD 57701