Calculating Protein Concentration

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Fri Jan 25 14:25:08 EST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Dr Engelbert Buxbaum wrote:

> Am 22.01.2008, 14:19 Uhr, schrieb Tom Anderson <ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk>:
>
> > It would be grimly ironic if it was the latter. Group leaders here are
> > constantly urging us larvae to postdoc in the US, to learn the
> > 'American style of doing science', implying it's some master secret
> > that will unlock successful careers. Perhaps it's the exact opposite.
>
> The most important thing is to do a Postdoc abroad. Ideal would be to do
> it in a country with a language different from your native one. However,
> since many native English speakers never bothered to master another
> language

That's exactly my situation.

> they have to take the second best solution to go to another English
> speaking country with at least a different culture.

Yes. I'm hoping to go to the Netherlands.

:)

tom

PS Actually, i did once speak French pretty well, but that was a long time
ago. I don't know how quickly i could pick it up again. In any case,
getting a job in France seems to be hard enough for French people ...

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk