DNA extraction from water

aswini sekar via methods%40net.bio.net (by aswinisekar16 from gmail.com)
Wed Jan 30 19:38:30 EST 2008

hai,
    Metagenomics is the study of Unculturable microbes in the environment.
   In this we use to Extract DNA directly from any environmental samples
like water,soil,sediments,feces,urine,gut of insects,etc.
   what does DNA extraction from water mean is to directly extract DNA from
the mirobes present in the water without culturing.
  it is possible to extract DNA of all extremophiles in water.
  I think now u could understand better.
  now if u could find any protocols if possible send me
Aswini