Trypsin/EDTA

Sharon Waldrop via methods%40net.bio.net (by Sharon.Waldrop from utsouthwestern.edu)
Fri Jul 11 14:10:34 EST 2008

Hello Group,

My 2 cents worth:

 I have different cell lines that require different methods of removing from flasks or petri dishes. Huh7 (human hepatoma): Wash with PBS, aspirate, add 0.25% Trypsin, aspirate, place in incubator for 2 minutes. Add 10 mls complete media. HTC (Rat Hepatoma): Wash with PBS,  aspirate, add 0.02% EDTA - cell culture grade supplemented with 20 mls of 0.25% Trypsin, aspirate, place in incubator for 2 minutes, add complete media. HEK293 (Human embryonic): Wash with PBS (wash gently), aspirate, add 0.02% EDTA, (wash gently), aspirate, place in incubator for 1 minute, add complete media and so forth. I have quite a few cell lines - adherent and suspension. A little tedious but for what I do necessary. I hope this has helped. Good luck with your research. SLW