RNA Later-Crystal!!

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Tue Jun 3 11:27:30 EST 2008

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.294.1212447138.3533.methods from net.bio.net> on Mon, 2 Jun 2008,
Pow Joshi <pow.joshi from gmail.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>2008/5/30 Sudheendra Rao N R <sudhee26 from gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I had kept RNA later at room temperature in an open petri dish by mistake
>> and i saw almost colorless longitudinal (not smooth but did not have any
>> defined number of surfaces also) crystals.. of varying length..not soft but
>> easily breakable
>> what are they? I tried heating the crystal to 50 degrees for 10 min but it
>> did not melt..but when i heated to 100 degrees it melted and
>> evaporatorated.
>> i guess it must be a molecular crystal!
>> can u guys shed more light on it?
>

>woooooooooooow .... that's some magic :)) I wonder if it's just salt or sds
>or whatever else that may be in the RNA sln..... or perhaps you're wondering
>if the RNA crystalised?

RNALater is AmmSO4 based isn't it? Ambion patent/patent app. should have
exact details.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark