Inactivation of DNase I

Gouttesoulard Marina - Saint-Beauzire via methods%40net.bio.net (by marina.gouttesoulard from lonza.com)
Tue Jun 10 08:30:13 EST 2008

Hello,
Have you solved your inactivation DNase problem?
I have also a problem in inactivation of DNase. I inactive DNase by heating step 10min at 75°C. To check if the inactivation is efficient, I add 1ng DNA in my inactivated sample and I compare the results obtained in PCR with a control containing 1 ng DNA. There is a shift of 2 cycles with the inactivated sample. So I think that the Dnase is not totally inactivated and act on DNA added to destroy it. Have you got some solution to inactivate Dnase without damage RNA.
Thanks a lot.
rq : the Dnase that I used was the Turbo Dnase from ambion and I already test the inactivator of ambion's kit.

Marina
> mailto:marina.gouttesoulard from lonza.com
> http://www.lonza.com

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged information the use of
which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this transmission
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.