Ampicillin

Tue Jun 10 09:26:39 EST 2008

The sodium salt.

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Wen Huang
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 3:45 PM
To: Methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Ampicillin

Hi,

I was wondering what kind of ampicillin should I use to make LB-amp+
media and LB-agar plates

I searched the internet and there are three versions of amplicillins

1. ampicillin
2. ampicillin sodium salt
3. ampicillin trihydrate

I am pretty sure people use ampicillin sodium salt for cell culture,
just want to make sure that what I should use for bacteria culture.

By the way, when these things go into water, do they have the same
activity?

Thanks,
Wen