In vitro Assays for suspension cells

Kamalian, Laleh via methods%40net.bio.net (by L.Kamalian from liverpool.ac.uk)
Wed Jun 18 18:03:17 EST 2008

I am working on SCLC cell lines which grow in suspension.  I have had lots of trouble so far as I am the only one in the lab working with this kind of cells.  I would like to examine tumourogenisity, invasion and proliferation ability of my parental malignant cells comparing to the cells with reduced expression of specific genes.  So far the only assay I have found to be straight forward is soft agar assay for tumourigenesis.  Even that seems to be more of a proliferation assessment than adherence-independent grow, but at least it is doable.  My main problem is with invasion assay because my cells wouldn't stay attached to the matrigel coated inserts.  For proliferation, MTT and DMSO didn't give me a nice standard curve for different cell concentrations.  Could any one please suggest any ideas? Thanks.
Laleh