E.coli strain recommendation, please

clive.tregaskes from eu.effem.com via methods%40net.bio.net (by clive.tregaskes from eu.effem.com)
Thu Jun 19 03:02:13 EST 2008

I've just started using TOP10 (came with one of the Invitrogen vectors so
I thought I'd give it a go) and I've found variable colony size depending
on the vector.  One plasmid, pCDNA3.1, grows fine, nice big colonies, the
second which is derived from pBluescript doesn't.  These are barely
visible after an overnight incubation.
Haven't tried making plasmid from these- inserts amplify up quite nicely
by PCR, but may give it a go just to see if they grow slowly in liquid
culture as well

Clive