Nucleotides isolation

Byung-Hoon Kim via methods%40net.bio.net (by bkim2 from utk.edu)
Mon Jun 23 08:49:52 EST 2008

Dear all,

To my knowledge, the general method for plant nucleotides isolation is under
acidic condition (HClO4). After some clean up process, final nucleotides
pellet is resuspended in 10 mM HCl for HPLC analysis.

But, because my target nucleotide (PAPS) is known to be very unstable under
acidic condition, I'm wondering whether there are other methods for plant
nucleotide isolation under neutral pH condition.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Regards,
Brian Kim